Why we decided to launch our hydration+ range...
The hydration+ range, a sparkling water enriched with plant based amino acids and hydrating electrolytes, was launched in mid 2019. The decision to create a sparkling range to complement our still range was an easy one. We wanted to offer a natural, healthy alternative to sugary soft drinks and energy drinks that provided the same great taste, functional and health.
What is different to the Still range?
First of all, the canned hydration+ range is using sparkling Alpine water vs the Still range that uses Staffordshire spring water.
We decided to use beet sugar to sweeten compared to the natural Stevia extract that use in our Still range. This was due to some, more sensitive, palettes having a dislike to Stevia. This, of course, means that the sugar content is a little higher in our canned range but, compared to the array of artificially sweetened drinks on the market, the sugar is all natural and, with around 3g per 100ml, we are still low in sugar. The extra level of natural sugar, also bring the drinks closer to the Isotonic level of blood sugar, enabling quick replacement of fluids through sweating and supplies a boost of carbohydrate.
With the focus on healthy hydration, we added the electrolytes Calcium and Potassium to the range, ensuring that range helps to rehydrate and restore the electrolyte balance in the body.
We left out the caffeine. With an array of over-stimulating energy drinks and BCAA drinks on the market, offering the functional benefits of amino acids but packed with caffeine, we wanted to be different. We believe that those looking to benefit from post workout amino acids absolutely don't need further stimulation when the body is looking to recover.
All natural ingredients. We made sure that we only used natural, plant based ingredients, ensuring we stayed clear of artificial sweeteners, flavours and colours. This makes our range fully Vegan and Vegetarian friendly.
Fully sustainable and recyclable format. Our 250ml slimline cans are infinitely recyclable but please do recycle them responsibly
When is the best time to drink our hydration+ range?
- Pre/Post workout - it provides a delicate blend of amino acids, electrolytes and carbohydrates that you need to get through your workout and recover after.
- On the commute - instant hydration whether in a stuffy train carriage, a dry air-conditioned car or walking/cycling into work
- In an evening - looking to kick the alcohol and need a healthier soft drink? With our botanical infused sparkling waters, we provide the depth of taste without the alcohol. With no caffeine, it's perfect for an evening tipple.
- With food - without our plant based amino acids aiding digestion, it's great along side food or a healthy snack
- 3pm pick-me-up - with our natural sugars, from beet sugar and the natural fruit juices, we provide the pick-me-up without the crash that you get with artificial sugars and energy drinks.
Our hydration+ range is available at retailers such as Tesco, Ocado, Costco and Amazon as well as delivered directly to your door on our website.